ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 09:29:46 EST
>Can someone confirm that one of the reasons for the "sprucing up" of Alfond and
> the new addition is to be "host compliant".  Among other reasons I do believe
> that it was one of the reasons to have the addition.

That statement was from Interim AD Bubb.  Ridiculous.  The "sprucing up"
will help Maine attract very good participants for local tournaments,
but there's no way the NCAA will restrict revenue by awarding Maine (in
Alfond Arena) a Regional site with 5600 seats.  There are arguably 6-8
better venues in the East (Boston FleetCenter, Albany Pepsi Center and
Lake Placid are probably too large for an NCAA Regional).