ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 12:00:27 -0800
I just logged in after being away last night, but before I check my
e-mail I wanted to make my own "guess" at the tournament selections
before I am potentially influeced by anyone else.  :-)

East Regional:
#1 Cornell vs. #4 SCSU
#2 Maine vs. #3 Ohio State

Northeast Regional:
#1 UNH vs. #4 MSU-Mankato
#2 BU vs. #3 Harvard

West Regional
#1 Minnesota vs. #4 Wayne State
#2 Ferris vs. #3 North Dakota

Midwest Regional
#1 Colorado College vs. #4 Mercyhurst
#2 Boston College vs. #3 Michigan

A lot of people have speculated that Maine will get sent west, but by
the numbers I think they should stay East.  Maine's late season swoon
might influence the committee to "punish" them, but I think it is BC
that should be sent to play Michigan in Michigan's own building.
Besides they are the lowest ranked #2 seed (BC) and the highest #3 seed
(Michigan), so in a competitive sense this is fair.

I have the East playing the Northeast and the West playing the Midwest
in the semifinals.

I guess we will all find out at 6:00 for sure.