ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Jeffrey Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 08:03:07 -0500
Subject:  Re: 2002-3 Hockey East All-Star Teams

Speaking of all stars.....I, for some strange reason had a NH station on this morning on my way to work.  How I received it I don't know, never heard it before.  The morons flapping at the jaw were all over Maine, talking about it being the HE snowmobile tourney this weekend in Orono........A lot of trash talking for the university of no hardware.  The dope couldn't figure out if he should wear white or blue because he didn't know what color unh would be wearing....his partner helped him to explain they were the #1 seed and get home ice......Needless to say tonight I display the Umass colors and look for the upstarts to upend the above no hardware mentioned university.  I hope the boys are hearing these remarks and funneling it into the spirited play they are capable of.  I think we're in for a good surprise.

>>> [log in to unmask] 03/13/03 09:31PM >>>
First Team:
G- Mike Ayers, Jr., UNH
D- Freddy Meyer, Sr., Boston Unversity
D- Francis Nault, Jr., Maine
F- Ben Eaves, Jr., Boston College
F- Lanny Gare, Sr., UNH
F- Martin Kariya, Sr., Maine

Second Team:
G- Joe Exter, Sr., Merrimack
D- J.D. Forrest, Jr., Boston College
D- Thomas Pock, Jr., UMass / Stephen Wood, Jr., Providence
F- Colin Hemingway, Sr., UNH
F- Lucas Lawson, Sr., Maine
F- Ed McGrane, Sr., UMass-Lowell

Honorable Mention:  Goalies:  Sean Fields (BU), Nolan Schaefer (Providence);
Defense: Andrew Alberts (BC); Forwards: Jon DiSalvatore (Providence), Peter
Fregoe (Providence), Greg Mauldin (UMass), Tony Voce (Boston College)

2002-2003 All-Rookie Team
G- Jim Howard, Maine *
D- Jekabs Redlihs, Boston Unversity
D- Bryan Schmidt, Merrimack *
F- Chris Collins, Boston College
F- Mike Morris, Northeastern
F- Stephen Werner, UMass
F- David VanderGulick, Boston University

* unanimous selection