ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 11:04:09 -0500
I agree.

I was surprised earlier when Deron thought it was the players and that the
coaches can only do so much.  I was actually comforted in Deron's email
because, at least Maine will be getting a large group of new players next
year and if the coaching is good Maine should be alright.

However, my concern is the coaching.  After 1993, Maine Hockey success has
been about players coming to Maine and overachieving.  They were the hardest
working team in Hockey East.  It is the responsibility of the Coaching staff
to ensure this trait continues.

I actually enjoyed going to the games during the probation years more than
this year.  Those teams were not eligible for the post season but they
worked hard and played with more pride and confidence.

That said, I will not give up on this team.

- Frank '92