ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 09:27:18 -0500
This quote is from "captain" Chris Heisten in today's Bangor Daily News
(Larry Mahoney)

"We let in two soft goals. The team defense wasn't there tonight," said
Maine senior left wing and captain Chris Heisten. "There's no excuses. You
have to come to play every night and we didn't."

How many times are we going to hear, "we didn't come to play tonight" or "we
weren't ready", etc., etc.

I read a couple different recaps of the game and didn't see much for quotes
from Tim Whitehead.  The only thing I did see was he made a wishy washy
comment about liking the way they played.

Stop being part of the problem.  He needs to light a fire under Maine for
tonight.

Great coaches get their teams ready to play.  As far as I'm concerned
Maine's problems have reached epidemic proportions now and the coach can no
longer rely on the captains or team leadership, or experience to pull them
through.  He has to do what he can to make it happen.  If Maine loses
tonight (or Saturday) and you see quotes that they "weren't ready" or
"didn't come to play" that will be Tim Whitehead's fault.

-Deron