ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Jeffrey Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:04:14 -0500
Subject:  Re: Concealed

One of the "incidents" I had heard, was that he showed up a practice one day with an empty beer can pretending he was blasted.  Jackie threw a "Jackie" and it was good bye Walshy.  How do you keep a good ole southie boy from being a clown?............(ask whitie....if you can find him).....

>>> [log in to unmask] 02/26/03 10:58AM >>>

geez< i had understood (from my inside sourse) that Brendan went out drinking and that was against team rules... even though he was a 22 year old sophomore...

 Jeffrey Hill <[log in to unmask]> wrote:Subject: Re: Concealed

Jackie threw Brendan Walsh off the team for (I believe, correct me if I am wrong) being a clown and not being serious enough as a player......I guess being serious involves the Boston Police Dept, or is it just that Sabo is too valuable to him. It's OK though, Brendan played a helluva lot more and better for Maine than for bu, and I still don't like Sabo....or bu...........

>>> [log in to unmask] 02/26/03 10:45AM >>>
Subject: Re: Sabo will play

But I thought the "jackie" could do no wrong.....dang, I did it again.......Has anyone noticed how old he's looking? Seems like he's aged 10 years in the last 2 seasons.

>>> [log in to unmask] 02/26/03 10:33AM >>>
Universities frequently hide behind the Buckley Amendment, especially when they don't really want to talk about something. They all do it, Maine included.

Parker probably shouldn't have said what he did from the university's perspective.