ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Jacob Metzler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 10:26:16 -0500
I fail to see how the 2nd place team can place only 2 players among the
all-star squad(including honorable mentions)...while BC gets 5 and how
does Larocque get first team when he isn't even among the league
leaders in goal-tending.  Alfie deserves at LEAST an honorable mention.
 I guess we'll just have to show 'em on the Ice in the Fleet who
deserves what! -Jake

1998-99 Hockey East All-Stars
First Team                      Position        Second Team
Michel Larocque, BU, Sr.        Goalie          Ty Conklin, UNH, So.
Jayme Filipowicz, UNH, Jr.      Defense Mike Mottau, BC, Jr.
David Cullen, ME, Sr.           Defense Anthony Cappelletti, UML, Sr.
Jason Krog, UNH, Sr.            Forward Rejean Stringer, MC, Sr.
Steve Kariya, ME, Sr.           Forward Mike Omicioli, PC, Sr.
Brian Gionta, BC, So.           Forward Darren Haydar, UNH, Fr.

Honorable Mention: Markus Helanen, UMA, SO, G; Sean Matile, UNH, SR, G;
Bobby Allen, BC, SO, D; Steve O'Brien, UNH, SR, D; Blake Bellefeuille,
BC, JR, F; Jeff Farkas, BC, JR, F; Jerry Keefe, PC, JR, F; Fernando
Pisani, PC, JR, F; Kris Porter, MC, SR, F; Mike Souza, UNH, JR, F.

1998-99 All-Rookie Team
Ty Conklin, UNH Goalie
Peter Metcalf, ME       Defense
Jim Fahey, NU           Defense
Darren Haydar, UNH      Forward
Barrett Heisten, ME     Forward
Willie Levesque, NU     Forward
Greg Classen, MC        Forward

HEATON/Hockey East Goalie All-Stars
Michel Larocque, BU, Sr.        First-Team All-Star
Ty Conklin, UNH, So.            Second Team All-Star
                                and All Rookie Team
Markus Helanen, UMA, So.        Honorable Mention
Sean Matile, UNH, Jr.           Honorable Mention

Hockey East Awards
KOHO PLAYER OF THE YEAR
Jason Krog
Senior Forward
New Hampshire
(Fernie, BC)

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR
Darren Haydar
Freshman Forward
New Hampshire
(Milton, ONT)

Runner-Up:
Ty Conkiln
UNH, So., G
(Anchorage, AK)

BOB KULLEN AWARD CCM COACH OF THE YEAR
Richard Umile
New Hampshire

Runner-Up:
Shawn Walsh, Maine

OLD TIME HOCKEY BEST DEFENSIVE DEFENSEMAN
Steve O'Brien
Senior Defense
New Hampshire
(Braintree, MA)

Runner-Up:
Anthony Cappelletti
UML, Sr., D
(Sudbury, ONT)

LEN CEGLARSKI SPORTSMANSHIP AWARD
Steve Kariya
Senior Forward
University of Maine
(No. Vancouver, BC)

Runner-Up:
Steve O'Brien
UNH, Sr. , D
(Braintree, MA)

BEST DEFENSIVE FORWARD
Doug Nolan
Senior Forward
UMass Lowell
(Quincy, MA)

Runner-Up:
Fernando Pisani
PC, Sr. F
(Edmonton, ALB)

CHARLIE HOLT TEAM SPORTSMANSHIP AWARD
Tied: University of New Hampshire and Merrimack College