ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 8 Mar 2003 23:28:12 -0500
8bit
From:
Jacob Metzler <[log in to unmask]>
Ok we've got 3 weeks to talk about stuff.  Lets try to turn it from all the bad stuff of the last few nights.

Here is a little look inside the numbers of our team SO FAR this season.

A look at one of UMaine's Defensemen.  And his contributions to the team this season.

9pts of 368 team points for 2.5% of the offense
41penalties of 205 team penalties for 20% of the teams penalties
114 penalty minutes of 488 team penalty minutes  for 23.4% of the teams penalty minutes.

I like this players grit and what he brings in "intangibles" in terms of scaring the $hit out of the opponents but is that enough to stick with a guy who has numbers such as this?

Congratulations to the new single season penalty minute king (with at least one game left) at 114 for the season after beating Brendan Walsh/Peter Ferraro's old mark of 106 by 8 minutes (thanks to him going off the handle last night after a bad call
and picking up a big 10 minute misconduct).

The Dman in question? Mr. Prestin Ryan.

Not to be all negative about him because I really do like him as a player when he's under control, although those are pretty scary numbers, but the two previous record holders won National Championships while at Maine and reached the Frozen Four in
the years they set their records (Ferraro 92-93 and Walsh 99-00).  FINALLY A POSITIVE GOING INTO THE THREE WEEK VACATION!

-Jake