ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Tony Bessey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 10:37:46 -0800
I have been a member of this list for a long time and
I have been a fan of Maine Hockey since before I was a
student at UMaine(UMaine class  of '96). Like many of
you I have shared the thrill of victory (twice) and
shared the agony of hard times, but through it all I
have remained loyal to my beloved Black Bears and our
Coach Shawn Walsh.

Right now I am very dissapointed in the level of play
I am seeing from the team. I know everyone is hurting
from the loss of coach, but I know deep down in my
heart that if Coach Walsh could say anything to this
team it would be, "Maine Hockey waits for no-one...
not even me!" Thats right, he never tolerated anyone
holding up the team and I am sure that he would not
want the members of this team blowing a season because
of him. They need to know that. Coach would expect
nothing less.

I am not sure how this message will be received, but I
can tell you one thing. I too, am upset by the loss of
Coach Walsh and the implications that has on the
program, but Coach knew what he was doing when he gave
the nod to Coach Whitehead. Even in at the end of his
fight he wanted to hire an assistant who could step up
in the event of his death. Lets rise to the occasion
and honor Coach Walsh by letting everyone loyal Maine
fan know that Maine Hockey waits for no-one!

=====
Anthony Bessey
email: [log in to unmask]
Webpage: www.presumscot.com