ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Feb 2003 22:26:03 -0500
Well, we will certainly take our lumps among the doubters for the kick-in
tonight, but, hey, the (extra) point's a point, and I'd rather it be
against UHN than anyone else, especially at Durham.   Liked seeing the end
when fans were filing out of the place: as in "disappointment reigns in Durham"

More thoughts from seeing one live, and one on the TV:

Can't Maine set up on the offense from upice closer to the faceoff dots,
instead of from at or behind the goal line ?  It just seems to me they have
to work harder from there, needing to make an extra pass or move to get it
out to real shooting angles.   Maine forwards are fast and skilled enough
to work it better further up; better to get trapped near the dots with a
shooting angle, instead of behind the net where there are NO shooting angles.

Tonight also hows the benefit of the old saw "shoot it on net, good things
will usually happen"
Maine seems to have fallen into the old trap I used to see at Bruins
game...one pass too many.  Most goalies on the college level give up juicy
rebounds (Howard a real exception) so guys -- put it on net, and flood the
slot looking for rebounds.

The City of Portland / Cumberland County really ought to send people to
Manchester...the VW is a really fine place, other than the concourses being
a little too cramped.  CCCC really doesn't stack up that well anymore
against a place like that.  Too bad the momentum of a couple of years for a
change got lost, the economy being what it is today the prospects seem
dimmer (unless a benefactor comes along) for a new venue for Maine's annual
showcase in southern Maine.

Home cooking for most of the rest, except for the trip to Billy Bulger's
Fifth Amendment A & M, so the campaign this point out is for seeding and
location of the game in the Round of 16.  I really hope they split Maine
and UHN so the only time they meet would be in Buffalo...lol

really... DOES UHN have a school song ?

Dan

And when will "rally sticks" appear in the Alfond balcony ?