ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Stuart Gilmore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 09:45:31 -0500
I went to the game last night. The road games really caught up with them,
as they looked worn out by the end of the game.

However, they looked great for the first two and 2/3 periods. Forechecking
was there, passing was excellent, and at nearly every opportunity, Maine
beat BU to the puck.

The headline in the Globe read that Maine Held On..., and while that's
true, they did hold on for the win, my goodness they really took it to 'em
for nearly the entire game.

One of the things I particularly paid attention to was the hustle to the
puck....Maine showed at lot of desire, both on offense, and getting back on
defense. Maine is a much faster team. The line changing was much better,
much more organized than BU, who often looked flat for 2 and 2/3 periods.

Maine played great defense also. They broke up plays before they could get
into Maine's end, they took a couple of smart penalties, and pretty much
outhustled a team that last year beat us three times.

Let's Go Maine......