EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Tim Redman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 2003 15:35:11 -0600
The upcoming Pound conference will treat that theme:  The American Identity
of EP.  I suggest also Alec Marsh's recent book, whose title escapes me now,
Money and Modernity or something, which traces the opposing Jeffersonian and
Hamiltonian strains in American thought and how they work themselves out in
Pound and Williams.  Also, of course, Flory.

My own book is that Pound remained fundamentally, completely American in
character, identity, and outlook.  Who else but an American would write an
epic about money? :)

Cheers,

Tim Redman