EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Daniel Pearlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 14:36:01 -0500
Great Job, Jon, and I agree entirely--so I don't see how this "blanket
assessment"
notion has anything to do with me, especially since I, like you, called for
"balance"
in any such assessments of our cultural contributions.  When you bring this
idea
of balance to the attention of certain America-haters on this list, you
never get
engagement with your idea but rather a tirade of instances of American evil.
Where else in the world but in most Western countries could such freedom to
criticize one's country enable such haters to be heard?
==Dan