ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Scott Dority <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 09:29:43 -0500
It looked to me, after the first goal, the defense realized Howard didn't
have his "A" game and they freaked out. This led to some of the most
irresponsable play in the defensive zone I've ever seen from a Maine team.
Shawn would NEVER allow the D-men to attempt the passes and in front our own
net that these guys are doing this year. how many times are you going to get
burnt before you realize this doesn't work. All BC did was send two guys on
the forecheck and Maine was clearly rattled. I really don't know that much
about hockey (before anybody says it, I know it shows), but I couldnt see
any adjustments made by the coaching staff to rectify this. Maybe there were
some, and I'm just not knowlegeable enough to see them. Also, again, I have
to say:  MAINE QUITE PLAYING THE BODY... (no offense to the fairer sex)
THEY LOOKED LIKE GIRLS OUT THERE.  BC could do whatever they wanted in the
offensive zone without the threat of bodily harm. Play like a whimp,  loose
like a whimp.  OK, I've vented, now tell me to shut-up and I'll just listen
to what everyone else has to say.