ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 06:27:48 -0500
 Maine came out flying in the first, dominated the period but only had 1
goal to show for it. BC turned on the jets in the 2nd and blew Maine off the
ice. It looked to me like Maine stopped trying especially after BC went up
3-1. Forwards just standing around and not even trying to get open. Can
anyone explain to me how a DMan who handles the puck so well in transistion
constantly turns the puck over in his own zone. The key to beating Maine is
pressure any DMan(maybe not Cliff as he chips it out) in Maines zone and
they cough it up right in the slot. Ben Eaves can't set his teammates up as
well as Maines D set up BC last night. To make matters worse Jimmy was less
than stellar but he got hung out to dry.

 Hopefully Tim makes them watch tape until they gag,it shouldn't take
long.

I'm guessing but Frank in net on Sunday, maybe he can wake the team up

 I feel bad for Colin as his father was in Alfond last night and Colin was
on crutches:(. We needed Colin and Gray in there last night but if the same
amount of effort was given it wouldn't have made any difference in the final
score