ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Mar 1999 17:04:35 EST
LindsayH wrote, in part..
>* How long have they had video replay in hockey?  I've never seen goals
>reviewed in the college ranks, and tonight there were three.  It sure
>looked like there was a BC player in the crease at the time of the first
>goal. ...

Do you mean Bellefeille's goal with Gionta in the crease?  Gionta *was*
in the crease, but they called Michaud *not* in the crease, so Gionta's
position didn't matter.

I thought this was a game where both goalies were excellent with BC's
top players playing somewhat better than Maine's.  Even then, the game
was decided on a couple of weirds goals and funny bounces.  I thought we
played pretty well, except special teams ...  and that should concern
coach and everyone for the game(s) next week.

cheers, wayne

Wayne T. Smith
[log in to unmask]                          Old Town Landing
Co-owner of the College Hockey lists - Hockey-L and Hockey3