ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Lindsay A Huntoon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Mar 1999 01:04:48 -0500
Just got back from tonight's game.  Suffice it to say, it was not my most
pleasant Maine Hockey experience.  The team showed up for about ten
minutes.

A few observations/comments --

* How long have they had video replay in hockey?  I've never seen goals
reviewed in the college ranks, and tonight there were three.  It sure
looked like there was a BC player in the crease at the time of the first
goal.  The way things were going, I was convinced that Maine's second score
was going to be ruled "no goal".  Fortunately I was wrong.

*  Special thanks to Friends of Maine Hockey for arranging a meeting place
at the Harp.  There was a large turnout, and everyone seemed to have a good
time.

*  The Pep Band really played their hearts out, both at the Harp and at the
game.  They sounded much better than BC's contingent.

*  The Maine fans who attended the game definitely showed their support for
the team, right up until the end of the game.  I should have my voice back
by tomorrow.

* Unlike at NC$$ events, the beer stands were open (limit one beer per
customer), but the ice cream stand in the balcony was closed.  They also
left the Celtics and Bruins banners up.

My plane leaves for Anaheim a week from tomorrow, and I hope to see the
boys out there shortly thereafter.  However, they have alot of work to do
between now and then.

Lindsay A. Huntoon
Go Black Bears
Anaheim or Bust in 1999!!!!