ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Mathy Matturro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 14:39:18 -0500
James Meserve writes:
>I just want to add my two cents worth on this topic..
>I'm a third year student here at Orono, and been going to hockey games
>ever since I came here.  I would have to say that this past game was
>the most exciting game, filled with so much school spirit; which had
>been lacking considerably for the past few years.  The crowd was so
>pumped and ready to yell, and I hope that carries on through the rest
>of the year.  I hope that the Alfond has another inspired crowd for the
>game next weekend, it's also a big game for the Black Bears.  I can
>finally say that I have been to a UMaine hockey
>game and come home feeling proud of my classmates, alumni, and
>residents of their Black Bear spirit.  Let's carry it on through the
>season, and give students like myself the chance to see Black Bears win
>the title again.  Any comments??

>                               JIM

i agree whole heartedly with Jim....that game was the most amazing...i
mean you couldn't even hear the kid sitting next to you and after when
we won and they all skated out to the middle of the ice and threw their
sticks in the air to thank us..was great..it was especially cool that
coach walsh came out to thank us too...it is so important to have this
kind of enthusiasm for all of our games..this weekend ought to be
exciting too..BC..come on its our turn to gain revenge for tarnishing
our record...i can now say that i have truly experienced what a umaine
hockey game is supposed to be like....all of us fans should keep up the
hype for the rest of the season because this is crunch time and they
need fans like that for the long haul.....GO BLACK BEARS......