ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Kevin Tompkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 10:08:48 -0500
I saw it too when Benedetto pointed Heisten out of the rink.
I'm sure he was tired of being "beaten on" by the BC guys
 on top of him.  He just said a little too much... ;-)

Coach also got the lowdown from Bendetto after this period
so I think he was satisfied enough with the explanation.

Benedetto is also not one of the top-notch officials in this
league - he has had problems with other coaches and players
before.  Some of the more veteran officials may have taken
a little more.

Bottom line for this game...  Maine was flat.  I really thought
Morrison might start this game as when he did come in he
looked unbelievably fresh and ready to go.  I k now coach
thought that Alfie would give us the better chance but given
the long road trip and toll it had to be taking, Morrison might
have been the better option - it also would have given him
some experience against a top-level opponent.  Don't get
me wrong, I still believe strongly that Alfie is the "guy" and
don't blame him for this loss.  It just looked like he needed
a rest after this grueling roadtrip.

- Kevin

--
  Kevin C. Tompkins                     Comverse Network Systems
  phone/vmx = 1-888-525-3934 (x8740)    [log in to unmask]