From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 10:30:16 -0600
On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, Mike Welvaert wrote:

>      It appears that the North Dakota Fighting Sioux opened thier season
>      with an exhibition win over Manitoba Tuesday evening by the score of
>      7 to 4.   Got this from the siouxhockey.com website.
>
>      Does anyone have any other info to share on the game?  There HAS to
>      be someone from either Grand Forks or Winnipeg that saw the game....

Heh. I wish. :-) Unfortunately, I couldn't make it down to GF this year.
I only saw the report onthe Grand Forks local news. They said that Manitoba
kept it close through the first two periods. The score was 2-1 at some
point in the second, I believe. The Sioux finally pulled away in the
third. (The score they reported was 7-3 for UND.)

I'm a little surprised that Manitoba hung as tough as they did. I saw one
of the U of M's games last weekend, and I was not impressed by them.

A question for the GF brigade: how good is the quality of the WDAZ Sioux
broadcasts? I see they have a game this weekend, while I'm unfortuately
out of the house. I will more than likely record it, though.

See you later,
John

--
 John Edwards - Carleton (Ont) '96, Manitoba '00 - [log in to unmask]
John's Scoreboard '98 - Manitoba & Carleton 199 - Next: Manitoba vs Sask.