From:
Nathan Boyle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 1995 16:17:49 -0400
I was thinking about it recently.  And though I am not implying that
American College Hockey is about to take over anything any time soon.  I
think as Hockey becomes more popular in America that college hockey will
follow, and that players from the US will start looking to go to college
hockey as it becomes more popular.  I think they will for the same
reasons as players in other sports.  Granted the situation is different.
However I think it is the natural next step as the game becomes more
popular in the US.  Americans are used to hearing about what college
players went to during the line-up intros.  As more Americans start
playing the game, which in turn means as more young players come up
through the ranks, the college game will improve due to increased pools
of recruits, and more players will go to college because it is the
"American" thing to do.  Moreover as the American college game improves,
it will be in college that the best hockey will be played.  Not soon I
admit.  But in time, and possibly sooner than some expect.  It is only a
matter of time.

Nathan W.L. Boyle
BGSU's #1 Fan.