ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Bob Fitta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 09:13:27 -0500
This weekend Maine will be down to their last forward with Colin
Shields and Greg Moore out.  However, after hearing rumors to the
affect, I finally spotted confirmation on an Ontario Hockey
Association release that Jon Jankus is returning to Maine for the
January semester.

While some feel he may step in immediately, I suspect that he will
practice but not play and concentrate on his studies.  Jankus played
9 games last year registering 1 goal.  With 6 forwards leaving after
this season Jankus can have an immediate impact next year and still
has 3 years of eligibility left.  If he plays the end of this season
he'll lose a year of eligibility and play in only a handful of games.
He had been playing for the Hamilton Kilty Bees and was one of the
top scorers in the league.  It's nice to have him back in Orono.

Now if our Bears can pick up a couple of W's on the road without
Shields and Moore it will make for a great weekend!  See you in
Lowell!

Bob Fitta '83
--
Bob Fitta