EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Kate Cone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 10:08:00 -0500
Verrrry funny! Actually, I am guffawing. Thanks for the Sunday a.m. laugh! I
took an all day class yesterday with the very famous (here) Shelter
Institute -- 16 weeks to learning how to build my own solar cabin. I'm
building, then hiding, so you won't have this spice girl to kick around
anymore!!

I'm reading a great translation of the Bagahvad Gita and did you know that
Emerson LIFTED the lines from Brahma, from the Gita:

If the red slayer think he slays,
Or if the slain think he is slain,
They know not well the subtle ways
I keep, and pass, and turn again.

Here are the lines from the Gita:

Krishna to Arjuna:

One man believes he is the slayer, another
believes he is the slain. both are ignorant;
there is neither slayer nor slain. You were
never born; you will never die. You have
never changed; you can never change.
Unborn, eternal, immutable, immemorial,
you do not die when the body dies.

(p. 10, trans. by Eknath Easwaran)

Robert Frost:

The Secret Sits

We dance round a ring and suppose.
The secret sits in the middle and knows.

EE Cummings:

seeker of truth
follow no path
all paths lead