MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Corner, Dean" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Corner, Dean
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2007 11:57:32 -0400
Hello All Libraries and Staff:

We have received some new titles that are unusual in that we do not see
very much on these subjects.

1.  Crash course in web design for libraries by Charles P. Rubenstein,
Libraries Unlimited, 2007.

2.  Photographs - archival care and management by Mary Lynn
Ritzenthaler, Society of American Archivists, 2006.  This is one of very
few texts on the preservation of photographs.

3.  Information commons handbook by Donald Robert Beagle, Neal-Schuman,
2006.  The latest evolution of reference and information services is the
information commons - very exciting new development for a field of
librarianship that has been evolving as quickly as a fruit fly!

4.  The reference librarian's policies, forms, guidelines and procedures
handbook by Rebecca Brumley, Neal-Schuman, 2006.  Finally, a sampling of
policy guidelines from various academic, public, and special libraries
on everything and anything that happens in and around Reference -
guidelines range from the restrictive to the open.

Must reading,

Dean

Dean Corner

Director of Reader and Information Services
Maine State Library
64 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0064
207-287-5604