MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Kennedy, Felicia" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kennedy, Felicia
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2007 10:47:58 -0500
All Public Libraries have now either been emailed a copy or mailed a
copy of their annual report.  The deadline is April 1st.  Here are some
key things to remember.

1.  The online version is at http://collect.informata.com

2.  All logins and passwords are the same as last year and can be found
on the copy of the report I sent.  (If you can't find them, please feel
free to call or email.)

3.  At the LOGIN SCREEN - To temporarily disable popup blocker while
logging in, hold down the Ctrl Key while clicking on the login button.
Several people have already had trouble logging in.  YOU HAVE TO HOLD
DOWN THE CONTROL KEY on your keyboard.  I have found sometimes it takes
several seconds to go to the next screen and if you let go of that key
too soon it will jump back to the blank login screen again.

4.  The report is designed a little different this year:  Part I Federal
Questions (data for the last completed fiscal year)  Part II State
Questions (current information mostly for directory purposes)

5.  If you are doing the online report

        A.  ALL FIELDS MUST BE FILLED IN OR IT CANNOT BE SUBMITTED.

        B.  ALL EDIT CHECKS MUST BE ANNOTATED OR IT CANNOT BE SUBMITTED.
(If something is way out of whack, give a reason why.  If something is
obvious, just say okay as is.)

6.  Once you have completed the online report (filled in all your
information), if you don't go to Status and Printing and click on SUBMIT
SURVEY, I have no way of knowing that your report is complete.

7.  Yes you need to do a report every year.  If you don't have
information for every field that's okay - just say n/a.  But please try
to get as much information as possible.  It is helpful and it does
through off statewide totals especially if some of the larger libraries
don't report figures (or at least estimate).

8.  If you report the same figures for collection, circulation,
reference transactions, library visits, or some of the financial
questions, I will get edit checks from the federal government (as I got
too many to count last year).  PLEASE DON'T JUST COPY YOUR INFORMATION
FROM LAST YEAR'S REPORT.  I understand some figures might stay the same
and I understand some people do use estimates.  I'm just asking that you
please just don't copy all of last year's figures.  It makes doing the
federal report incredibly difficult.

I will try to help any way I can.  You can call me or email me at any
time.  I might not always have the answer but I will try to find it for
you.

If you did not receive your report by email or if you would prefer a
paper copy be sent to you, please let me know.

Thank you for your cooperation.  So far, we have five libraries that
have submitted their reports online and one that has sent in a paper
copy.  Only 266 left to go!!!

Felicia

Felicia Kennedy
Maine State Library