MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Lord, Linda" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lord, Linda
Date:
Tue, 25 Nov 2014 21:31:24 +0000
A 35 member working group and other advisors worked for a year to present this "compelling new vision for the future of public libraries".
They did this work to "examine the challenges and opportunities facing communities and their public libraries as society moves deeper into the digital era."
This report is downloadable, free of charge at
http://as.pnlibraries

There is also a video on this site, along with a discussion handout, case studies and more.
Hard print copies can be ordered from the Aspen Institute Fulfillment Office for $15/copy.
or call 1-410-820-5326.

The last meeting of State Librarians I attended in October spent a great deal of time reviewing and discussing this report.
I urge you all to take a look at it and share it with your trustees and others.

Linda