MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Corner, Dean" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Corner, Dean
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 2010 16:03:22 -0500
The Maine State Library is pleased to introduce a searchable database of
over 500 Maine writers <http://www.maine.gov/msl/maine/writers.htm>  who
lived from the 18th century to the present.  One of our charges is to
collect the works of authors who have a Maine connection -  birth,
residency, or employment.  Some works may also have a historically
important Maine setting.  We have taken a fairly broad approach to the
definition of who is a Maine writer but we are relying on the staffs
from other Maine libraries to fill in any gaps we may have.

This database was initially the product of Molly Williams and the
Waterboro Public Library.  We have updated and enhanced it so that
information on writers can be searched by browsing an A to Z list, by
keyword, genre, or time period or a combination.  Much painstaking
checking and double-checking of information was accomplished by Peggy
O'Kane, coordinator of Reference and Research Services, and the
reference librarians here at the State Library.

We hope you enjoy this database!

Dean

Dean Corner

Director, Reader and Information Services

Maine State Library

SHS #64

Augusta, ME 04333-0064

207-287-5604