MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Norton, Sylvia K" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Norton, Sylvia K
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 2010 20:45:54 -0400
I'm hearing the sounds of summer with children playing outside (or
perhaps inside reading?) as the last of the school library books are
shelved.  K-12 educators take a break in their schedule or participate
in professional development work. It's been a difficult year for
everyone as school budgets tightened or school populations changed.
What does the next year look like for school libraries in Maine?   For
some, there will be challenges to maintaining school library programs
which will impact our Maine students.  For others, administrators
recognized the value of school library programs in their budgets or
school library supporters rallied around a proposed budget cut.   Please
take a moment for a very brief survey about staffing levels in Maine
school libraries to tell us about the next school year (2010-2011) in
your school.

  http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/C8G6WDF

Sylvia K. Norton

School Library/Technology Planning Coordinator

State E-rate Coordinator

Maine Dept. of Education/Maine State Library

64 State House Station

Augusta, ME 04333

207-287-5620

*******