MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"McKenney, Janet" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
McKenney, Janet
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 2010 10:11:02 -0500
Telephone E-rate Reminders!

Sixty-nine libraries have filed Form 470s to request discounts on their
telephone service.

Four libraries have already completed Form 471s!

For 2008 telephone reimbursements for just 70 Maine libraries totaled $
78,194.44.

Form 470

Next week, Thursday, January 14 is the very last day you can file and
post a Form 470 and still meet the 28 day posting requirement and file
the Form 471 before that deadline of February 11, 2010.

Form 471

If you have already filed the Form 470 you should be thinking about
getting the Form 471 completed before the February 11, 2010 deadline.

To check to see when you can file the Form 471, go to:

The Apply Online page: http://www.sl.universalservice.org/menu.asp
<blocked::http://www.sl.universalservice.org/menu.asp>

*
	Under the Form 470 click the Search Posted button
*
	Click Next
*
	Type in your entity number (or choose another field) and click
Next.
*
	Select your library by clicking in the circular radio button and
then click Review Submitted Application.
*
	Check the "Allowable Contract Date" - this is the first day you
can file the Form 471.
*
	Check also to make sure that the Form 470 says "Certified"

For the Form 471, you need NSLP data to determine your discount.  You
also need to be aware that with school district reorganization that most
school district entity numbers have changed.

Don't forget the Item 21 attachment! Please let me know if you need
assistance to determine your discount rate.

Please contact me if you need any assistance.  I can walk you through
either Form

If you have never filed for discounts on your telephone service and
would like to discuss how much money your library could save please
contact me.

Janet McKenney
Acting Director of Library Development
Coordinator of Learning and Technology