ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
The Chesleys <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2007 00:22:17 -0400
Deron, you are picking your words to misconstrue what I said.   I did
not say "...that the players and
coaches easily accept that they lost..."

And about "accepting defeat".  I think that they have done that.  They
were defeated.  It's good to accept what is clearly a fact.  And I'm
sure that it wasn't easy especially for the players.   Although it is
important for the coaching staff to think about how they could have
played better, but only in the light of moving on and preparing for the
future.

No one will want to hear the questions that you suggest.  They have
moved past that now.  They wouldn't want to entertain those thoughts
now.  Have you never been on a team and lost an important game?  Would
you want to be asked those questions?

Are you trying somehow to prove that you're right and I'm wrong?  We
have different opinions.  You say Maine choked, I say that MSU picked up
their game.  I shared my opinion mostly so that the people on this list
might see that there are other ways of looking at things and they need
not think that their team choked in their biggest game of the year.  I
have a great feeling of pride for this team even though they didn't win
the gold and I wanted to share it.  I did not want to have an argument.

I know that to take a great championship away from MSU shows a lack of
class by saying that they only won because the other team choked.  Even
if I thought it I wouldn't say it.

I know that Maine didn't choke and I hate trying to prove it.  Those
guys played their hearts out.  This is not fun or interesting anymore.
I am done with this discussion.