ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Wayne T Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 2004 01:18:15 -0500
Dan Hannigan and Coach Mahoney made a big deal of Matt Lundin coming
into the game and holding UNH scoreless (and named him first star of the
game), but to me, this was the game where the offense and intensity
suddenly bloomed. Wow.

I'm not good at watching "lines", but Jankus-Hopson-Shepheard generated
lots of chances. Damon, Moore, Ronan and others shone at both ends of
the ice. On defense, I thought Barnes played his best game of the
season, but I'm sure others would point out a number of other player
performances. Who says a Sunday game is bad? ;-)

But Matt Lundin was superb in goal, and after the game sounded like an
upperclassman, as GoBlackBears.com and HockeyEastOnline.com quoted him
as saying:

“I was not expecting to get into the game tonight,” said Matt Lundin.
“At first I was worried about Jimmy, then was excited that I was going
in, but then I got a little nervous. Going in during a power play was
tough, but the crowd was behind me as soon as I got on the ice, which
got me into the game. The support of the fans and my teammates really
helped me tonight.”

cheers, wayne