ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"D. B. Doucette" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 2004 09:26:56 -0500
After yesterday's Maine goal at BU, I remarked "looks like Maine has solved
its faceoff problems".  Well, before it turned into "foot in mouth", I
decided to check:  What did I find ?  For each of the games this season
where stats are posted as Hockey East official scoresheets (away games only,
more on that below), Maine is still LOSING more draws than it wins (thanks
to Murphy for being good at them, otherwise it would be HORRIBLE numbers).

My question:  why does UMaine not record team and individual faceoff numbers
(faceoffs won and lost) onto official scoresheets for the games played at
Alfond ?  Someone up there in the know, please explain.

I can't feel too bad about this Maine team just yet, they're playing at
about the same level as North Dakota right now.