ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 2004 20:01:10 -0700
I was out of town this weekend and didn't even get to listen to either
game, but I am sure the boys were very disappointed with getting swept
this weekend.

What happened?  I read about the penalty shot on Friday, but Jimmy
Howard was quoted as saying it was a good call.  Also, the quote below
seems to indicate the effort on Saturday wasn't there.  I am sure many
of us would like to see some first-person accounts.

What do you think of this quote, from today's Maine Sunday Telegram:
"We talked about the type of effort we're going to need to compete this
season," said a stoic Whitehead. "I thought some of our veterans forgot
what a privilege it is to play here. Some of the guys forget that
sometimes, and I don't like that."

-Deron