ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Bob Fitta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 10:23:44 -0500
Jacob,

Thank you for filling us in on the coach's report.

Not surprised with injury to Ronan, saw him skate off during the 2nd
period on Sunday night, and then when he did return I think he maybe
took one shift in the third.  Question is, is Greyeyes ready to
return or will we see Lynch at his second game at forward? It shows
the value of depth since we're down to two healthy scratches!

Would like to see Maine dominate a game against a good opponent.  We
continue to struggle getting the puck out of our own zone when facing
an aggressive forecheck, and have been outshot in our last 5 games.
It's time to tighten up on defense and give the goalies a bit of a
break.  I really believe this is a team that has the potential to go
all the way, but we can't rely on the goaltenders to make every save.

I thought the line changes were good last week.  It's nice to see
Tommy have a good weekend and Colin, while snake bit is played much
better vs. UNH.

Thunderstix atmosphere was great, but it was even better to be one of
the 150 or so Maine fans screaming after Lucas scored the game winner.

Here's hoping the Bears beat up on the Eagles in a game that has
significant meaning in clinching the top spot in Hockey East, and
they keep the momentum going on Sunday with no let down vs.
Merrimack.  It's time to put away some of these lower tier teams
early, instead of playing another one goal game!

Go Blue!

Bob Fitta '83

--
Bob Fitta