ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Bob Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 13:55:22 -0400
I'm not 100% sure of the chronology of events here so bear with me. During
the regular season the game statistics are faxed from the game site by the
home team to a central distribution center. That distribution center in turn
faxes the stats out to the list of official outlets for each school (i.e.:
print media, radio outlets and television). I'm not sure if this same method
was used out in Sunny California or not. All I do know is that I never
received the statistics. David Lang, Assistant SID, at the University of
Maine is terrific about getting me any and all the information I either need
or want for the web site. So, I know that he isn't the bottle-neck. However,
as you can imagine, he was pretty damn busy after the weekend UMaine had in
Anaheim. I have spoken with him since his return to Maine and he is aware
that I didn't get the game statistics for the Maine - Boston College game or
the Maine - UNH game. I will bet you dollars to donuts that he'll have those
faxed to me by the time I get home tonight and I'll be putting them on the
site, along with the Season ending player statistics and the final National
polls.

I hope this helps.