ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
James Meserve <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 10:28:18 -0500
I also do think that jacob got robbed out of the truck this past Friday.
He put more than half of the puck throught the "little" hole that is
made for the puck to barely make it through.  It hurt Dodge's
reputation for doing that, people aren't going to forget for awhile
what happened to that student.  Maybe it won't hurt their sales, but
word of mouth is going hurt the Dodge company in the long run.  It was
all a public relations things to give him the money, Dodge knew that
they had to do something quick to smooth things over, they tried, but
it didn't smooth things over at all.  I still hear people talking about
what happened, and they are pissed at the Dodge sponsorship to do that.
 What there best thing to do was to give him the truck, and from then
on to explain the rules up front to make things clear.  Do you think
ther is a reason why Dodge doesn't want the Alfond Staff to make ice
before the contenst, that is the reason why, to make it just about
impossible for some one to make it in the "SQUARE" hole with very rough
ice and ice shaving, not fair.  I think that he got a raw deal, and has
made many people sour towards the Dodge company and it's practices.