EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Daniel Pearlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 21:25:23 -0400
No question that they met in Spoleto!  I spent time with Bucky
around 78 or 79, when I invited him out to the U. of Idaho
to give the annual Ezra Pound lecture.  He told me beforehand
how incredibly elated he was to have Pound sit at his feet, for
about a whole week, I think.  I asked Fuller to weave his Pound/
Spoleto experience into his Pound lecture (an off-the-cuff
performance, mainly on his own well-known hobbyhorses, that lasted
about an hour and 45 minutes!), and he did so, very affectingly.
The U. of I. library then published the lecture.  The distribution
was limited.  It must appear in a biblio of Bucky's works
somewhere.  All I know is that making Pound's acquaintance was
an extraordinarily important experience for Bucky, and that's
why he agreed to come out to Idaho--for about half his regular
talk fee.

==Dan P

At 02:45 PM 9/28/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I need any confirmation of, and details of, a meeting between EP and Bucky
>Fuller at Spoleto June 1971.  I have a book of Fuller's inscribed to him by
>Pound and I need some authenticity backup.  I am a bookdealer, an Eng Lit
>MA from UC Santa Barbara, and serious about my request . . . .thanks
>everyone.
>=======================
>
>PAPERWORK
>352 Rio Del Oro Lane, Sacramento CA 95825
>Voice/Fax: 916/488-0859;  Toll-Free:  1-877/488-0859
>============================
>1.  All books are returnable, for any reason at all, within 10 days.   2.
>All books are subject to prior sale.  Please phone or email for
>availability.  I will hold for 10 days after an order confirmation.  3.
>Shipping and handling:  I will only use Priority Mail, unless the customer
>wishes a different method.  Please include $5.00 for the first book, and
>$1.00 for each additional book, for U.S. orders.  Foreign orders are billed
>for actual postage; very large foreign orders can be negotiated. 4. I can
>accept checks, money orders, or Visa, MasterCard and American Express. 5.
>California residents, please add 7.75% sales tax.   6. California dealers,
>please supply your Resale Number.
>============================
>My catalog is also on:
>Advanced Book Exchange http://www.abebooks.com/home/paperwrk , Bibliofind
>http://208.144.214.69/cgi-bin/texis.exe/search.vor/showdh.html?d=paperwork ,
>and Bibliocity http://bibliocity.com/home/Paperw  -- take a look!
>
>Please offer Oyez Press items; Vol. 1, No. 1 US lit magazines; books on
>arts in 20th c. Paris; 20th c. avant-garde music, including jazz; signed
>limited edition small press poetry; scholarly studies of 20th c.
>avant-garde, and similar.

HOME:
Dan Pearlman
102 Blackstone Blvd. #5