ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 17:09:45 EDT
Well, with the following paragraph, Adam Parker is all wet ...

   Secondly, Umile hasn't done much to build that program.  His teams
   are usually no better than "good" and probably closer to average.
   Umile has not made that school a national power, ...

UNH teams are usually significantly better than average under Dick
Umile.  Here's his record as head coach at UNH ...

   2002-03  ¦28 ¦8  ¦6
   2001-02  ¦30 ¦7  ¦3
   2000-01  ¦21 ¦12 ¦6
   1999-00  ¦23 ¦9  ¦6
   1998-99  ¦31 ¦7  ¦3
   1997-98  ¦25 ¦12 ¦1
   1996-97  ¦28 ¦11 ¦0
   1995-96  ¦12 ¦18 ¦4
   1994-95  ¦22 ¦10 ¦4
   1993-94  ¦25 ¦12 ¦3
   1992-93  ¦18 ¦17 ¦3
   1991-92  ¦22 ¦13 ¦2
   1990-91  ¦22 ¦11 ¦2
   TOTALS   279 139 37
   ¦
So in 13 seasons, he has one losing season (12 wins), one average season
(18-17-3) and 11 superb seasons.  Of the 50 or so teams in D-I hockey
during that period, who has done better?

But then I don't argue with any of rest of Mr. Parker's article, since
it pretty much matches my (bad) experiences with many UNH fans.  :-(

M-A-I-N-E Go Blue!

cheers, wayne