ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 13:03:25 -0500
>Carol makes a great point about the Dexter Lounge - but people don't seem to
>want to come in.  Do they realize that it becomes open to the public a few
>minutes after games?  That there are snacks and drinks available?  That the
>Coach's and sometimes members of the team come through?  Everyone is welcome,
>and the more the merrier!  We even have opposing fans come in which has
>resulted in some fun!

I'm afraid many think the Dexter Lounge is the "high rollers room", shut
off to all except well-heeled Maine supporters.  How about some signs up
about it being open to all post-game, a note in the program, Mr. Kennedy
making a PA announcement, or an sign on the message board "all are welcome
in the Dexter Room for post-game..." ?

Jim, as for leaving early, if it's a movie and you knew the ending, why so
many  even bothered to show up at the start of the film in the case of
"Titanic" is a mystery...Hey, the boat sinks !!!

In the case of young Jacob, it's the height of irony that the name of the
vehicle, and what happened in the wake of the contest, was "Dodge" ?  Just
curious, did New Hampshire Coach Umile interpret the rules for the
dealership ?

Have fun....See you at the Tsongas in Lowell on Friday (and the brewery
pre-game)

Dan Doucette

***  Isn't it fitting someone named Garth Snow is playing  ***
***            for a hockey team in Canada   ???           ***