EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
charles moyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 09:44:42 -0500
Nothing at Amazon of Ben-Itto, but the reader reviews on "The Protocols"
there make for some quite interesting reading. Those con seem to find the
anti-Semitic and forgery concepts most important while those pro find the
financial and global order theme more relevant. In the words of an
hyperlogical extraterrestrial like Mr. Spock, "Fascinating".

Chas

"If by 'democracy' we mean the form which the Third Estate as such wishes
to impart to public life as a whole, it must be concluded that democracy
and plutocracy are the same thing under two aspects of wish and actuality,
theory and practice, knowing and doing. It is the tragic comedy of the
world-improvers' and freedom-teachers' desperate fight against money that
they are ipso facto assisting money to be effective. Respect for the big
number - expressed in the principles of equality for all, natural rights,
and universal suffrage - is just as much a class-ideal of the unclassed as
freedom of public opinion ( and more particularly freedom of the press) is
so. These are ideals, but in actuality the freedom of public opinion
involves the preparation of public opinion, which costs money; and the
freedom of the press brings with it the question of possession of the
press, which again is a matter of money; and with the franchise comes
electioneering, in which he who pays the piper calls the tune."
-Oswald Spengler, 1918