ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 09:25:26 -0500
 Wow, I thought Maine could get a couple points this weekend but 4. Great
weekend of college hockey for UMaine. NU was too easy or at least it seemed
that way and BU was coming off a big beantown loss to BC. Maine certainly
took advantage of their oppurtunities and the D bent but didn't break. I was
alittle scared when Jimmy Howard whacked the BU player after the whistle. I
thought uh, oh, they finally got to him but ice water flows in that kids
veins and he promptly shut BU down for the rest of the game. Whats with all
the 5 on 3's against UMaine and how are they killing them all?. I noticed
that again last night Cliff Loya was on the ice for Most of the penalty
kill. Cliff is playing his best hockey and Coach Whitehead can't say enough
good about him when asked. Good to see. One other nice stat I heard was
Maine has as many shorthanded goals as they have given up PP goals???. thats
quite a stat if true?

 To answer Jeff's question about UMass goalie, yes he was that good. Gabe
Winer is also 18 years old and should help UMass turn around from doormat to
winner. UMass swept Lowell this weekend as further evidence.

One other thing, UMass-Lowell is winless in HE. Huh, imagine that.:)