EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Tim Romano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 08:17:22 -0400
Reading over what I sent out yesterday, I notice an error in the literal
translation I offered. Sorry. In the line "Die das Herz mir täten
zusammenpressen" the plural relative pronoun "Die" (i.e. 'which', whose
antecedents are "die Lieb' " and "das Leid", Love and Sorrow) is the
subject of the verb "täten", whereas I had made "das Herz" the
subject.  The line should be translated "which caused my heart to press
together".
Tim Romano