MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Kennedy, Felicia" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kennedy, Felicia
Date:
Mon, 5 May 2008 10:47:42 -0400
There seems to be some confusion with some public libraries over the
Annual Reports and whether or not they have filed or not.

Please be aware that there are two separate Annual Reports which serve
two separate purposes.

One report is distributed every year to every public library by the
Maine State Library asking for statistical information for a library's
last completed fiscal year and also for a library's most current
directory information.  This report is due April 1st.

The second "Annual Report" which apparently also has an April 1st
deadline is for a library to file as a Nonprofit Corporation.  This one
page report, which has a DCN and Charter Number associated with it, is
sent to the Bureau of Corporations, Elections and Commissions and
requires a $35.00 filing fee.

The Maine State Library has nothing to do with a library's filing as a
Nonprofit Corporation.  Our collection of reports is for statistical
purposes so that we can support legislation and the needs of our library
community.

Please don't hesitate to contact me with further questions.

Felicia

Felicia Kennedy

Maine State Library

64 State House Station

Augusta, ME  04333-0064

207-287-5620 or  (Maine only) 1-800-322-8899