MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Comstock, Edna" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Comstock, Edna
Date:
Thu, 28 Apr 2005 11:13:30 -0400
I couldn't leave my postion here at MSL without saying goodbye to all of
you. It has been my priviledge to work with so many of you in so many
different capacities, including the infamous E-Rate struggle, that there is
hardly a community anywhere in Maine that doesn't have an E-Rate contact,
SACCE student or library friend for me to remember.  You have enriched my
life and often given me the courage to continue the struggle when I was
ready to give it up.

I want to thank you for placing your trust in me and for investing me,
sometimes, with abilities and powers that were perhaps more that I
possessed.  Your successes have been the best reward I could ever get or
want.  Thank you too for letting me know that our work has made a
difference, that's so important.

I will miss your calls email messages and visits, but I'll still be around
in a couple of other capacities which I'm really looking forward to.  I'll
be continuing my work with MASL, the Maine Libraries Conference and MLA as
well as working with ACTEM on their conference and doing administrative work
for the Maine Archives and Museums Association.  I'm also thinking about a
little library consulting if I can find the time.  So perhaps I'm not
retiring, just easing back a little.

There is so much more I'd like to say, but there is no time.  They tell me
I've got to get ready for a party this afternoon.  Hope I'll see some of you
there.

Edna M. Comstock
Empowerment Enterprises
331 State Street