MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Kennedy, Felicia" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kennedy, Felicia
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 13:56:41 -0400
MARVEL! Digital Resources Package--what Linda Lord mentioned Ellen Wood
would send out.

Two pages contain information helpful to MARVEL! Sorry for two different
pages but we are in the middle of a whole new MSL web layout, improved
download speed, continued priority accessibility, improved CSS, etc. Look
for changes over the next month and half.

Visit both
http://www.maine.gov/msl/for_libs/advocacy/marvel-resources.htm and
http://www.maine.gov/msl/for_libs/databro.htm

for Word and PDF versions for handouts related to MARVEL! All Word documents
can be customized for your individual library needs. Thanks to everyone who
contributed materials.

The correct title-MARVEL!: Maine's Virtual Library.
Please note the use of all capitals for MARVEL and the explanation point,
followed by a colon and "Maine's Virtual Library". Just "MARVEL! alone is
OK.

What will you find?
http://www.maine.gov/msl/for_libs/advocacy/marvel-resources.htm

-Sample press release, only in Word-your library needs to be filled in.

-About MARVEL! (Word document, PDF version)

-FAQS (Word document, PDF version)

-Directions to register as a remote user (Word document, PDF version)

-Descriptions of MARVEL! resources (Word document, PDF version)

-How to use MARVELous Resources (example with EBSCOHost) (Word document, PDF
version)

-Descriptions of KIDS resources (Word document, PDF version)

-How to use MARVELous resources for KIDS (Word document, PDF version)

-Search styles grouped by vendor (Word document, PDF version)If you teach
the search style for one resource in a group, the other databases in the
that grouping follow that search style. Hope that makes sense.

You will also have sample brochures and different size "web" resolution and
"print" resolution graphics of MARVEL!
http://www.maine.gov/msl/for_libs/databro.htm

Important: I will revisit these documents, updating as needed. Some final
check will be done over the coming weekend--time to step back for a day then
review more time.
PLEASE send another resources, corrections, suggestions, or problems to me
or use the feedback link on http://www.maine.gov/msl/

Ellen Wood
Maine State Library Webmaster
64 State House Station