MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Kennedy, Felicia" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kennedy, Felicia
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:51:33 -0500
We have had several requests recently for the HOME:  The Story of Maine
series.  Unfortunately, we were unaware of the mailing that had gone out to
schools from PBS so we were caught a little bit off guard and confused about
which programs in the series patrons were looking for.  This email is just
to clarify a few items regarding the HOME series.

We currently have in our collection the 1999 and 2000 programs which include
the following:

Season 1
1.  A Place Apart (The image of Maine)
2.  A Part of the Main (European Settlement and natural resources)
3.  They Came By Sea

Season 2
4.  A Love for the Land (agriculture)
5.  The Nation's Playground (tourism)
6.  Trails, Rails & Roads (transportation)
7.  Power Lines (electricity)

The HOME series returns to PBS on November 25th with the airing of two new
programs:  People of the Dawn, and Rolling Back the Frontier.  We DO NOT
have these programs yet and will not have them until after the air date.
(The complete series re-airs on November 27th.)

If you would like the first 7 programs, you may request them now.  As with
any program from out collection, we do not "loan out" the videos.  We have
master videos that we duplicate.  Therefore, you would need to send us blank
tapes or $5 per tape to receive these programs.  Each program is 30 minutes
long and, since we put up to two hours of programming on each tape, you
would need to send us two tapes or $10.

If you would like the Nov. 25th programs, please wait until the programs air
to request them.  Again, you would need to send a blank tape or a check for
$5.

I hope this clears things up.  Please pass this information on to other
school personnel who might be interested.

Thank you,
Felicia

Felicia Kennedy
Maine State Library