MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Lord, Linda" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lord, Linda
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 07:48:54 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Irelann Kerry Anderson [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2003 5:50 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: We had another hard drive failure on the MSLN mail server

We had another hard drive failure on the MSLN mail server.  There was no
data loss and we are reconstructing the RAID array now.  From past
experiance, we have found that putting a load on this machine while the
array is reconstructing is a bad idea, so most services are shut down.

Given the current rate of reconstruction, it should be back up between 8:30
and 9AM.

A new drive is being shipped and should be here on Monday.  Installation of
the new drive should not require any down time since it will just be the new
hot spare.

A new system to entirely replace the MSLN mail server was ordered last week.
When it arrives, moving to the new system will be my top priority.

--
Irelann Kerry Anderson          phone:    (207)581-3508
Systems Group                   internet  [log in to unmask]