MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Lord, Linda" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lord, Linda
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 09:52:26 -0400
I am sharing the following message from Nancy Bolt, Colorado State Librarian
at Gary Nichols' request:

WebJunction is spending the week on CIPA.  Please share this message with
the libraries in your state.  There is some great information.

Nancy

Join the WebJunction Community discussion *this week only* for a moderated
discussion on CIPA where we will share our knowledge and information around
research, legal council, compliance decisions, and funding strategies.

What: Public Internet Service & CIPA, a one week moderated online discussion
with the WebJunction community

Where: WebJunction's "Public Access Policies and Practice" forum on "All
Aboard" - the community message board

When: This week only!!! Monday through Friday, September 15 to 19.

Who: Facilitated by Karen Schneider, Gary Bortel, Bob Bocher, & Carson
Block.

Topics: Facts on CIPA & Public Access in US Libraries, Library Decisions &
Reactions, Funding With & Without CIPA-compliance, and Filtering Basics.

How: If you are not already a WJ member, register at
<http://webjunction.org> http://webjunction.org. Registration is absolutely
free of charge, and you will not be spammed!

From the home page, click on "Community Center" then click on "Public Access
Policies & Practice." Each day of the event, you'll see a new topic posted
by the facilitator for that day - click on the topic - and let us know what
you'd like to bring to the community discussion on CIPA.

For questions or more information, please email [log in to unmask]
Nancy Bolt, Colorado State Librarian
201 East Colfax, Denver, Colorado 80203
303 866 6733 phone
303 866 6940 fax