MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Lord, Linda" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lord, Linda
Date:
Fri, 26 Jun 2009 11:45:06 -0400
As I visit libraries in Maine I am always fascinated by the special or
unique items held in nearly every library. I am delighted to announce
that in response to the Collections Development Summit hosted by Maine
InfoNet on June 15, 2009, the Maine State Library is providing a way to
share collection strengths and/or special collection information from
all Maine Libraries.

To add information about your library's special collection simply go to
http://www.maine.gov/msl/special/ then go to right side bar for the link
to add/share.

Using this form will make the process easy! Once completed the
collection is "activated" by MSL staff. It will usually appear within 2
business days on the web page, Maine Library Special Collections
<http://www.maine.gov/msl/special/> .

There are already a few beta entries but with your cooperation the list
will grow and become increasing informative and useful.

Special recognition to Peggy O'Kane and Ellen Wood for their work on
this.

Happy weekend, everyone!

Linda