MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Lord, Linda" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lord, Linda
Date:
Mon, 22 Jun 2009 11:40:00 -0400
Dear Maine Librarians and Friends of Maine Libraries,

Southern Maine Library District Consultant Shirley Helfrich is retiring
after more than 30 years as an integral part of the foundation of
Maine's library world. A reception for Shirley will be held on
Wednesday, July 29, 2009 from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. at the University of
Southern Maine Glickman Library, in the University Event Room on the 7th
floor (Forest Ave, Portland). Hors d'oeuvres and dessert will be served.

If you can attend, please send $10 to:

Jenny Melvin
Bangor Public Library
145 Harlow Street
Bangor, Maine 04401

If you would like to contribute to a gift, you may also enclose gift
money in your check to Jenny. Please make check payable to Bangor Public
Library.

In order to plan properly for refreshments, we need responses by
Wednesday, July 22. Please RSVP on the statewide calendar...
http://evanced.info/maine/evanced/eventcalendar.asp
<http://evanced.info/maine/evanced/eventcalendar.asp>  (navigate to July
29).

If you would like to speak at the reception, please contact Elaine
Bissonnette at 207-871-1766 or [log in to unmask] Please do
not use MELIBS so some of this can be a surprise to Shirley.

We expect a wonderful turnout for this special lady.

Best, Linda